Name Changes

SMRL Law Firm serving Sarasota County, Bradenton, Lakewood Ranch, North Port, Venice, & throughout the state of Florida

There are a number of situations in which a person may desire to change his or her name. For example, when marriages end, the wife may want her maiden name restored to her or to assume a name other than her married name. Other situations may exist whereby a person who is not involved in a dissolution case desires to change his or her name. Such case is commonly referred to as a petition for change of name.

The family law division at Syprett, Meshad, Resnick & Lieb can assist you with name change issues and other matters attending the dissolution of a marriage. Please contact us online or call 941-365-7171 today to arrange an initial consultation.